sE Electronics sE7 Small-diaphragm Condenser Microphone $99 Delivered
The sE7: A compact & classy condenser.
The sE7 is a high-quality back-electret small diaphragm condenser microphone intended for a wide range of studio and live sound applications, from acoustic guitars to pianos to drums and beyond.
With an optimized acoustic design, discrete class-A circuitry and a transformerless output, it delivers clear, natural sound quality at all frequencies, without suffering from fizzy highs or a lack of low-frequency punch.
The discrete electronics and the switchable attenuation pad ensure a high dynamic range, with high sound pressure level (SPL) handling capability and extremely low-noise components. The switchable low-cut filter helps eliminate rumble or footfall noise, and can also compensate for an excess of bass frequencies caused by the proximity effect. This enables the sE7 to close-mic many instruments including electric guitar speaker cabinets, brass instruments and drums.
sE didn't just design a great-sounding mic — they also included features not even found on small-diaphragm mics costing much more! A 6dB/octave 80Hz high pass filter lets you roll off unwanted mud and rumble, while the 20dB pre-attenuation pad increases the mic's impressive usefulness by letting you mic more raucous sources, like toms, snares, and electric guitar. The sE7's class-leading SPL handling capability and dynamic range ensure that you will capture every nuance of these sources without fear of overload. The high-quality build is typical sE and includes a gold-plated XLR connector for optimal signal integrity over many years of daily use in your studio. The sE7 is such an incredible value, we'd advise you to go for a stereo pair — perfect for drum overheads!
- High-quality condenser capsule designed for neutral, balanced sound quality with an ultra-thin diaphragm for excellent transient response and cardioid polar pattern - ideal for most studio or stage applications
- State-of-the-art electronics and transformerless design provide supremely low noise and pristine sound quality
- Switchable pre-attenuation pad provides an extended dynamic range, nables close-miking of loud sources, and prevents overloading your audio interface or mixer
- Switchable low-cut filter eliminates low frequency rumble or footfall noise and compensates for excessive bass with close-mic techniques
- Gold-plated XLR connector for loss-free and reliable signal connection
- All-metal housing with premium finish for efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise
- High-quality finish ensures a great look for many years